KNOWLEDGE (10 points) – Identification
1. If you were to choose a general subject area for your topic, to WHOM would you go to ask for or consult on what topic can be a possible choice for your paper?
2. Aside from academicians and teachers,who else can be a possible resource for choosing a topic and why? (Clue: People not working in school)
3. Give a strategy/tool found in books that may be used in choosing a topic.
4. This resource contains general background information on a topic. What kind of written material is this?
5. Give 2 limiters for choosing a topic.
PROCESS – 30 points total
10 points for each Freewriting activity. Here’s what to do:
1. CHOOSE A 5-7 MINUTE TEDX VIDEO FEATURING ANY KIND OF RESEARCH (there are a lot in Youtube and on the TEDX website). Give the title and the speaker/researcher and why you chose that topic.
2. Make a paragraph using the FREEWRITING STRATEGY about the topic and what you learned about the topic from the video. (10 pts)
3. Make a CONCEPT MAP about the topic in the video and it’s subtopics along with the information or facts given. (10 pts)
4. Make a LIST (minimum of 7-8 facts) using the LISTING STRATEGY out of the topic. Cross out the ones that are too broad. (10 points)
You may email your answers to email@example.com. Thank you.